"Many many thanks to the High School baseball team ... They came to our Lee's Summit neighborhood and had a workout together clearing snow from driveways and sidewalks on Monday afternoon, March 25. They came en . . ."
".This school has some awesome high school students. They worked diligently at Beaumont Baptist Church...cleaning, brush removal...Thanks is such a small word... I saw the hands and feet of Jesus in their every step. Lee Watkins, Music . . ."
"The teachers and staff of Summit Christian Academy (LSCCS when I was there) will never know how much they impacted my life. I moved away my senior year and never officially graduated from LSCCS, . . ."
Support LevelsEducational Enhancement Fund Planned Giving Capital Giving Giving Back to SCA Contribute Online
Summit Christian Academy Soccer Team Places Second at District Championship
SCA Theatre Department Receives Cappie Nominations
Host Families Needed for International Students
Planned Giving to SCA
As a Legacy Builder, you invest in the lives of SCA students through planned gifts. Legacy Builders can often receive income tax benefits, avoid capital gains taxes and reduce estate taxes for their beneficiaries. Some charitable vehicles can even provide Legacy Builders income payments during their lifetime, while reducing estate taxes.
Legacy Builders continue to make a difference long after your lifetime. Even small gifts can make a large impact over time.
Becoming a Legacy Builder
You can become a Legacy Builder by naming SCA as a beneficiary in your will or trust.
- Contact your financial advisor, attorney or accountant and ask for help in establishing your gift objectives.
- Make certain your will or trust is up-to-date and that it reflects your charitable wishes. Without these documents, you surrender control of your assets to the courts.
- Contact the SCA Development Office at 816-525-1480 to learn more about including the school in your charitable plans.
Considering Your Options
Here are just a few of the creative ways, SCA Legacy Builders can include SCA in their charitable plans.
- Make SCA the beneficiary of your life insurance, pension plan or IRA.
- Leave a gift of stock, real estate, or personal property to SCA
- Charitable vehicles such as Gift Annuities or Charitable Remainder Trusts can provide lifetime income for donors, help provide income tax reductions, avoid capital gains taxes and reduce estate taxes.
The SCA Endowment
Summit Christian Academy has established an Endowment Fund through the Truman Heartland Community Foundation. Truman Heartland provides administrative assistance in managing the fund.
Truman Heartland President Paul Thompson can work with you, your financial advisor, accountant, attorney or insurance representative to establish your participation in the SCA Endowment.
If you have access to the Internet, the Truman Heartland Community Foundation has interactive tools to help you determine what works best for you.
For more information, contact Development, at 816-525-1480.