"Many many thanks to the High School baseball team ... They came to our Lee's Summit neighborhood and had a workout together clearing snow from driveways and sidewalks on Monday afternoon, March 25. They came en . . ."
".This school has some awesome high school students. They worked diligently at Beaumont Baptist Church...cleaning, brush removal...Thanks is such a small word... I saw the hands and feet of Jesus in their every step. Lee Watkins, Music . . ."
"The teachers and staff of Summit Christian Academy (LSCCS when I was there) will never know how much they impacted my life. I moved away my senior year and never officially graduated from LSCCS, . . ."
Who We AreWhat We Believe Accreditation Quick Facts History Facility Meet Us Student Life Alumni Covenant Churches Media Fact Sheet School Press Job Opportunities
SCA Theatre Department Receives Cappie Nominations
Host Families Needed for International Students
Summit Christian Academy Seniors Receive Integrity Scholarship
(as developed by the Strategic Plan Steering Committee October 13, 2008)
Our belief in God and His Word is central to SCA. Through a faculty who practice a personal and active faith, we foster a thoroughly Christian environment where God’s Word is the standard for decision making. Placing Christ at the center of all enables us to educate the whole student, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically.
Pursuing grace and truth
SCA seeks to model the life Christ demonstrated on earth, a life full of grace and truth, that rejected legalism for the higher priority of focusing on the inner man. We recognize that Christ looks inward at the motivations of the heart and pursues a relationship with us. We exercise spiritual discernment, speaking the truth in love in order to promote the spiritual growth of the individual without compromising the student body as a whole.
Inspiring excellence in learning
The SCA faculty inspires students to discover and develop their God-given gifts and talents. We nurture an enthusiasm for learning, providing an atmosphere wherein students may express creativity, discern truth, think critically, and choose wisely. In academics, the arts, and athletics, we uphold a standard of excellence to encourage students to achieve their individual best.
Encouraging spiritual growth
We desire that each student know Christ personally and grow in His grace and knowledge, so he/she may impact their world for Him. We understand the importance of godly staff and faculty who model the Christian walk and mentor students to pursue their personal relationship with the Lord.
We recognize that the SCA community extends beyond the walls of our school. Coming from diverse backgrounds, we unify around a simple statement of faith that binds us together. We acknowledge the responsibility of the parent, the role of the church, and the authority of the Holy Spirit in training students.
SCA embodies a culture of servant leadership that is sparked by a sense of individual purpose. With competency, credibility, and compassion, we add value to others and influence the marketplace of ideas.
Our Statement of Faith
As a community school, it is not our intention to promote the doctrines of any one church or denomination. Instead, we will center on those beliefs that we share in common with each other:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:15; II Peter 1:23-1).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 23:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33). His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone, we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
Summit Christian Academy believes these precepts are basic to the Christian faith.