Our SchoolsPreschool Elementary Junior High Senior High Chapel Educational Therapy Dress Code Lunch Program Volunteer Programs Camp Eagle Summit
Login to Community Photos Below
The following uniform dress code has been adopted by the SCA Board of Education. SCA students are required to wear clothing that meets the following specifications:
- Long- or short-sleeved, collared, button polo shirts in any solid color (must not be see-through fabric). No contrasting trim or piping should be visible.
- Button-front oxford, blouse or blue denim shirts with long or 3⁄4-length sleeves in any solid color with no visible contrasting trim or piping.
- K-4 may wear solid color turtlenecks as a primary shirt. Grades 5-12 may wear solid color turtlenecks only under a sweater, sweatshirt, jumper or polo.
- Only school-approved SCA logos are acceptable on any shirts. Shirt brands/logos must not be visible.
- All shirts must be tucked in at all times. Parents should check the ability of shirts to stay tucked in by having students raise hands over their heads.
- Solid colors with no visible brand names or logos (except school-approved SCA logos).
- Pullover, cardigan, V-neck, or vest. (Cowl/turtleneck sweaters or ponchos are not acceptable.)
- All sweaters must have a separate collar showing above neckline. Collar should be from a polo, oxford, blouse, turtleneck, denim shirt or dickey.
- School sweatshirts only. Must be purchased through school or from the Land’s End catalog, with the school logo. These are the only sweatshirts that may be worn during the school day.
- All sweatshirts must have a separate collar showing above the neckline. Collar should be from a polo, oxford, blouse, turtleneck, denim shirt, or dickey.
- If student desires to wear a “hoodie” sweatshirt (zip or pullover) as a jacket, it must have the SCA logo.
- Tan khaki, navy blue, or black dress slacks or capris (inside pockets as opposed to pockets sewn on the outside).
- Very small brand name logos may be visible.
- Cotton or cotton-polyester twill fabric.
- Proportioned to fit; i.e., not extremely tight or baggy. Skirts and shorts must measure no higher than 4” from the bottom of the kneecap. Skirt slits should measure no higher than 4” from the bottom of the kneecap.
- K-6 grade students may wear skorts no higher than 4” from the bottom of the kneecap.
- No jeans, corduroys, or cargo pants. Flares should not be extreme.
- No leggings.
Tan khaki, navy blue, or black jumpers (no denim) may be worn. Polo dresses may also be worn. Jumpers and dresses should measure no higher than 4” above the bottom of the kneecap.
- Solid color socks are preferred with no logos.
- Girls in grades K-6 may not wear nylons. Tights must be opaque rather than sheer.
- Any lace-up or velcro tennis shoe that is nonmarking may be worn. Zippers on tennis shoes are not acceptable as they tear the gym floor.
- All dress shoes are acceptable. Grades K-6 must wear socks/tights with dress/tennis shoes.
- In grades K-6, no plastic or pool shoes are acceptable. This is a playground safety issue.
- Grades 7-12 may wear casual sandals.
Must be worn with all pants, capris, shorts, skorts, and skirts with belt loops.
Students participating in Boy Scout or Girl Scout programs may wear their Class A uniforms.
Some special events will require dress code or special attire. For games and optional events, we ask that students dress in a neat and modest fashion, refraining from worldly attire.
In an effort to keep ourselves as good representatives of the Lord and to avoid fads and extremes in dress, jewelry, hairstyles, etc., we have established the following guidelines:
- Girls may have up to two ear piercings per ear. No other visible body piercing allowed.
- Boys may wear a short chain inside the shirt and two finger rings. Boys may not wear long necklaces or earrings. No visible body piercing allowed.
- Girls may wear jewelry, but not large or excessive.
- No visible tattoos.
- Boys’ hair should be of moderate length or shorter (above the eyebrows, collar, and mid-ear).
- Hair may not be dyed an abnormal color; i.e., blue, pink, green, etc. (except during spirit week).
- No facial hair.
- Boys may not wear nail polish.